HOME SUPPORT SERVICES
May Shaw Home Care your provider of choice in the Glamorgan Spring Bay and Dorset municipalities.
Home Care Packages
A Home Care Package gives you more options to live independently at home. It is a personalised, coordinated, ongoing package of support to help you. May Shaw Home Care is proud to say we have been providing Home Care Packages to the members of the Glamorgan Spring Bay Municipality since 1987 and we are excited to extend or services to the members of the Dorset Municipality.
All Home Care Packages are delivered on a Consumer Directed Care (CDC) Basis. The Consumer Directed Care approach puts you – the Consumer – in the director’s chair, if you wish. You will have more opportunity to say how the funds allocated to you in your package are used, so that you can get the things you think will make your life easier. CDC encourages you to share what is important to you and to identify meaningful goals that can help to improve your health and wellbeing, and to keep you connected with family, friends and community.
Commonwealth Home Support Program
May Shaw Home Care receives funding to provide the following service types via the Commonwealth Home Support Program;
Glamorgan Spring Bay Municipality
- Social Support Group – We currently operate a Social Group in Bicheno and a Lunch with Friends Program in Swansea that aim to enhance the independence and quality of life for the older members of the Bicheno/Swansea and surrounding communities. Members gather together for enjoyment and social interaction.
- Meals in Centre – Meals are provided during the Social Group and Lunch with Friends Program.
- Transport – Transport can be provided to attend the Social Group/Lunch with Friends Program or if you require transport within your local area.
- Social Support Group – We currently operate a Day Centre in Scottsdale on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Gladstone on Wednesdays each week. The program aims to enhance the independence and quality of life of older members as they gather together for enjoyment and social interaction.
- Meals in Centre – Meals are provided during the Day Centre Program.
- Transport – Transport can be provided to attend the Day Centre Program.
For all enquiries please contact our Administration office on (03) 6257 9100.
Eligibility for all Home Support Services is determined by My Aged Care. 1800 200 422